Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thoughts From the Heart

The heart knows such troubles and sorrows that no one man or woman could comprehend or see, taste, touch or feel. My heart has evil and good, yet no man can tell the difference between the two. For no one can fathom the deceptions of the heart or feel the pangs of love and fear mixed with emotion that only can confuse and fail a man when his character is put to the test.

Humans can only sit back and cast their judgements of someones behavior. There is nothing good that can come from man, yet man is puffed up and idolized as something so significant when goodness and honesty are preached, but as soon as any hint of vileness and evil spew forth from his heart, he is judged and condemned by his fellow human being who most likely struggle with the same things if not better or worse.

My heart fails me and my bones ache with pain and sorrow at the fate of friend and loved ones who have been feeling pain and sadness, fear and anger, bitterness and death. I try and I try, but nothing can save my friends from bad decisions, save that of Jesus Christ and his ultimate grace. There is nothing good that can come from man or woman that comes from themselves for we are all sinners and should be condemned to death for even the vileness in our hearts that we battle on a daily basis.

I am not a saint in my flashiness that wants to rule and reign over my entire body. No, I have nothing good that lives inside me that I could boast as something I should receive credit for. No, only by the grace and mercy of a loving God and the cross of Jesus Christ can I even breathe a single breath or speak a single good word.

I cannot stand by and watch people suffer and hurt when it is within my grasp to help them. I will not stay silent and not confront my friends and their shortcomings, but I will supply the grace and mercy and love that could turn them from death to life.

I have lived life long enough to know that forgiveness is key, mercy sets free that which should receive condemnation, and grace moves us to continue to fight for that which is right, true, and just. Without grace and mercy judgement would condemn, and justice could not do its true and proper work.

I have friends who need prayer. I, myself, am in need of that. Please, if you are reading this and are a believer in Jesus Christ--pray for me and my friends--doesn't need to be complex, but just simple and full of faith. Thanks you and God bless you.

No comments: