Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

So this past week was Thanksgiving. Yes, what a wonderful holiday where good food meets good fellowship. There was turkey, some funky stuffing, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, and all sorts of dips and chips and appetizers of fruits and vegetables with an amazing artichoke dip. This was fun. We celebrated on the roof of a 24 story building in Hong Kong. All around us were taller building and a somewhat black view of the Harbor.

It was fun to celebrate with such an international crowd, yet my favorite part was the four American exchange students who came with me, and it was fun to finally have someone who understands American culture and humor. I love Hong Kong, but sometimes I feel like I am one crying out in the wilderness.

I love giving thanks! I am thankful for friends who spur me onward and won't walk away from e no matter what. I am thankful for enemies who God puts in my life to bring me closer to Him and teaches me forgiveness and mercy. I am thankful for a church whose ministry is blessing people left and right, and I am blessed to be apart of it and able to serve the church as well.

I am thankful to know that as far as the east is from the west, that's how far God has removed my transgressions from me. I am thankful to be redeemed and blessed to know life on earth is temporary and eternity is forever and I'm so happy to know that. It's a relief.

No comments: